Finished: Thurlows!


Look, pants! I’ve been trying for several months now to make a good pair of pants, and these Thurlows are finally actually good enough to share!

I’m not very good at reading drag lines, and I know it’s nearly impossible to tell with the contrast in these photos, but I don’t think it’s bad at all!

While pretty darn good, they still aren’t quite perfect. I want a more narrowly cut pant and am having trouble getting the fit just right in that style. I don’t want tight, just more straight-legged. That look isn’t so easy to perfect, though, especially as this corduroy grows quite a bit in wear.


I cut a straight 6 this time, and think I may actually size down to a 4 for fabric with stretch. I also need to work on that leg narrowing. I used the slash and overlap method to keep the straight grain, but it wasn’t enough and just taking in the side seams did result in twisting. In one leg. What does that say about my sewing and/or cutting skills!

This is a tremendous success, though, I’m so excited!