I’ve been loving reading everyone’s hits and misses for this year, and though I tend to not be very reflective or analytical when it comes to sewing I couldn’t help but come up with a little list of 2013 sewing hits:
- Conquering my fear and starting a blog! I love interacting with you all online, and I’m so happy to also have met a few Bay Area folks in real life. I know I’ll never have a very good blog, but I’m content doing what I can.
- Invisible zippers! Why in the world was I so intimidated??
- Sewing with knits. The cation dolman top has really given me confidence sewing knits. I’ve never been happy with my handmade knit garments, but I’ve made four cation tops now, a couple of Jasmine bras, and am moving on to the Renfrew and a rubbed-off camisole next. It’s like a whole new world has opened up for me!
- Thurlows. They aren’t perfect yet, but again, this pattern is also opening up a new world of possibilities!
- Sewing again. I went through a long period where I was unwell, working too much, and hardly making anything, but in the last couple months I have been sewing up a storm. I take it as a good sign!
Happy New Year!