Welp, just when you thought it couldn’t get worse from me…
- 5/26 – me made tee; worn doing yoga.
- 5/27 – me made bag, mom-made scarf; worn to view The Clock at SFMOMA.
- 5/28 – me made top; worn to work.
- 5/29 – me made dress; finished just in time to wear to the party.
- 5/30 – me made dress; worn to work.
- 5/31 – me made skirt; worn to work and a coworker’s baby shower. I would never wear the sweater that wrinkled – I just pulled it off the drying rack to recreate this outfit on the floor!
I planned on writing a bit about my thoughts on MMM and my homemade wardrobe, but I kind of just want to be done with this challenge. I had a hard time with this. I knew taking photos would be hard, but I didn’t anticipate that wearing me made items would feel like such a burden, especially since I wear something homemade about three out of four days anyway. If I thought about it I could probably come up with some insights about why this was and what I should focus on sewing, but I think I’m just going to go actually sew. There’s another Archer on my sewing table, cut out and waiting for me!
How did your Me-Made-May go? Do you anticipate participating again? Did you start feeling bitter about wearing me-mades simply because you had to?