Prepare yourselves for a series of uninspired outfits and awful self-portraits. I feel like this week represents the worst of Me-Made-May. I had a short but super intense work week, and I just didn’t have the time or energy to plan outfits beyond trying to fit something handmade in. Instead of being an exciting challenge MMM became an uncomfortable chore, and this post is the result.
Anyway, by the time you read this I’ll be on vacation! I’m heading down to the California desert to visit my family for two and a half days of hiking, dogs, coffee, and perhaps some sewing or knitting. I’ll at least try get the Archer buttonholes finished!
- 5/4 – MM running shirt; worn on a hike on San Bruno Mountain. I think this is swimsuit fabric, but it works really well as a running/hiking shirt. Please pardon the hat hair and squinting.
- 5/5 – MM hat and mitts, Mom-Made scarf; worn to Flora Grubb for coffee and plant viewing with a friend. I had planned to wear my new scout tee today, but the weather turned chilly and I knew I wouldn’t be taking my coat off at all, so it was a good day for handmade knits.
- 5/6 – MM pants; worn to work. I just finished these pants but haven’t blogged them. They are okay. They’re actually perfect when fresh out of the wash, but get all baggy with a little wear. Unfortunately if I take them in any more I won’t be able to step up on a bus.
- 5/7 – MM top; worn to work. This top is another recent unblogged garment. It’s also okay. Actually, it would be pretty good if it didn’t feel like I am actually wearing a plastic bag when it’s at all warm. It was entirely inappropriate for day one of a huge mailing for my department, but what can you do when it’s MMM and you need something to wear with pants?
- 5/8 – MM top; worn to work. This outfit worked way better in my head than in real life. It was comfortable for the mailing activities though! I still love my floral scout tee, but omg this fabric wrinkles like crazy.
- 5/9 – MM nothing. I did hem the jeans, though, which was actually some of the hardest sewing I’ve done in a while! Anyway, I could have worn something me made today but I don’t want to. I’ve got a seven hour drive ahead of me, and, well, basically I just don’t want to. I know this totally goes against the point of the challenge, but clothes can affect my mood and this outfit is making me happy. MMM can wait until tomorrow. I don’t know how the rules work though – should I not have taken a photo today, just left it out? I included it to document my personal experience with the challenge, which includes a conscious decision to “fail,” but I don’t want to be misleading or anything.